SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#313030 - 01/18/11 11:10 PM Enjoying Sz's new "PM" and "Buddy List" Features!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Initially I thought 'why on earth' would I have any use for the "PM" or "Buddy List" features, especially when we can already simply contact members via email outside of the forum, but after trying out the "PM" & "Buddy List" features, I'm finding this method far more convenient than regular email. I like the ability to conveniently PM an individual/group of members quickly and get a reply back quickly because you're able to tell if they're concurrently signed into Synthzone at the same time or not.

PM:
My Stuff > Messages

Buddy List:
My Stuff > Buddies

#313032 - 01/18/11 11:24 PM Re: Enjoying Sz's new "PM" and "Buddy List" Features! [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much for digging into the new forum features Scott and telling us about them. I really appreciate it. Many people probably aren't aware of them until you have given them a workout.

#313055 - 01/19/11 08:08 AM Re: Enjoying Sz's new "PM" and "Buddy List" Features! [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Nigel et al: Don't forget the incoming PM notifuication "envelope icon" which automatically shows up at the top of the forum page whenever you've got a PM from another SZ member.

SZ Private email helps keep communication with sz members selectively priortized from the rest of the junk we get thru our outside email account(s). The PM feature also includes a forwading email PM notification feature to read the PM when you're not logged in to SZ. That said, whenever you guys want to contact me, feel free to PM me on the Sz forum itself. smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online